?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Communication failure ?  (Read 8460 times)
vingtor

Email
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »

In January last year, I met Martin in Stockholm during my trip there and we had a good chat at a nice restaurant. Among the things we discussed was to have the content of my friend Olav Hungnes' web pages published as articles on The Spitfire Site. After returning home I got Olav's permission for this, and Martin updated the site with this material. So far so good.

I later expressed my concern about the camouflage and markings article on W/Cdr Rolf Arne Berg's Spitfire Mk.IX, PV181, RAB. The profile drawing illustrated in this article is not entirely correct. I offered to send new drawings, profiles and plan views of PV181 both in the "Norwegian scheme" and the later revised scheme with British markings. The drawings are made by a friend, Bjørnar Norås, who willingly would let the site use his drawings. I also have some supplementary in formation about the markings. I sent the drawings and the text to Martin, but nothing happened. A couple of months later I resent the drawings, asking if he had not received them. Still no response. Some weeks ago I sent a new mail, but no reply. That is why I now use the forum to communicate my message.

Hopefully the lack of response is of technical character.

Cheers,
Nils Mathisrud
Editor
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:47 PM »

Hi Nils, glad to hear from you again and meet here at the forum. Please accept apologies for the silence that ensued - I somehow managed to drop all the old emails, including yours. But the RAB Spitfire material is still there in the backlog, so nothing is forgotten and I'll try to get it online ASAP. Just thought about writing a proper article based on the archive documents that you provided and so the project got extended both in ambition and in time. This is just soo typical   Sad.

BTW, I have also tracked more photos of the pair of Spits at the Warsaw airport post-war, perhaps you would be interested as these whow more of the enigma SAS DC-4 parked nearby.

/Martin
vingtor

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the explanation. I have got some more info since the first documents that I came over. I don't remember if I sent this to you. Thus we better check this out before you publish the article.

I am indeed interested in photos that can give information about the "mystery" DC-4 at Warsaw airport.

/Nils
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length