?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Wanted  (Read 3913 times)
Tony

Email
« on: July 19, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »

Please is there any member out there who can help me to start a trace on my Uncle" Ashley Guest" this is what i know about him so far
1.On joining the RAF at the outbreak of war he was posted abroad some where believed to be Malta or Africa
2.He later became a squadron leader.
3.He had a CHEQUER  BOARD logo on the side of his spitfire
4.Before joining the RAF he lived in great pix hall Hawkhurst East Sussex
I know this is not a lot of information to go on but someone might just know
his squadron number, or any other information about him  Thanks Anthony Guest
Edgar Brooks

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »

If he's Ashley William Guest, he warrants an entry in "Those Other Eagles," by Christopher Shores.  His service no. was 137617, and he reached Flight Lieutenant 30-1-45.  He flew with 43 Squadron, in a Spitfire IX FT-D MH893, with which he got a probable, and a damaged 190 22-2-44, then got 2 190s 26-5-44, in MJ533 (no code, sorry,) and a Probable 109 in MJ725 30-5-44.
Edgar
Tony

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:02 AM »

My Dear Edgar That is wonderful so much information in such a short time, I was at my wits end wondering how i was ever going to start, and this site made it so easy. I am now going to treat myself to this book and later on line to see what other information I can find, Thanks again Tony Corfu, Greece.
peter benn

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 04:04:33 AM »

Although let us not forget Sgt. Maurice Guest April 1941 - July 1941 during 249 Sq.'s Hurricane I - Hurricane II transition period.

Just kidding, Mr. Guest, although when I looked it up, Maurice is what I found, in:

Cull: 249 At War, pages 64 and 72.

It would probably be ridiculous to have a separate Malta Hurricane forum to put stuff like this in, so...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length