?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buying a spitfire for ww11  (Read 12423 times)
terryrafa

Email
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »

i am trying to find information on a spitfire bought in the 1940`s by the people of Neath, Glamorganshire, S.Wales, has anyone got any information as to how i might be able to track this aircraft. I have tried Local sources but the info seems to have gone off the radar.
Edgar Brooks

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

Sounds like it's the "Curyll Nedd-Neath Hawk," which, according to "Gifts of War," by Henry Boot & Ray Sturtivant, was Vb W3841.  It was finally shot down 16-6-42, with Flt/Lt. Joseph Mooney being killed.  Thinking of copyright, I trust you'll understand if I don't include full details (which do appear in the book.)
Edgar
wolflyn

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »

today I found the news paper article for " Curyll Nedd- Neath Hawk"  but the serial number on the aircraft is not W3841. it appears to be ?3322 so I presume it could be w3322 which was used at Boscombe Down for research,, can anyone shed any insight to the book reference to w3841 and the newspaper article showing a different aircraft (or did  the ministry of aircraft production, badge the same aircraft with different names for photo opportunities)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length