?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartlepool sponsored Spitfires  (Read 5021 times)
Wendell

Email
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:55:11 PM »

Hello fellow enthusiast,

I am trying to get my wife, who is from Hartlepool, a special Christmas present. I want to get her some nose art replica from one of the Hartlepool sponsored Spitfires. I have found someone whos does the artwork, now I am trying to find pictures or any other documentation to show what the Spitfires had on them.

I think one of them had "The Hartlepool Monkey" on it, and the other had Andy Capp on it. But that is unconfirmed, and I would like them to be authentic as possible. There is one called "The Darlington Spitfire" complete with a book written about it (although, I am having difficulty finding it in hardback), and Darlington is not that far from Hartlepool, so that is a possibility.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Wendell
Sopwith

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »

Hello'
You may find some gen in the Air Britain book, "Gift of Wings". I will try to see if I can find anything out if I get chance in the next day or so. You may also have a bit of luck if you put your request on the Flypast forum as there's lots of knowledge on there and someone may be able to help. Good luck anyway.
Wendell

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »

Cool, I will go and check out that other site.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length