?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any photos of MK329 JE*J Jr  (Read 3000 times)
dragoonpvw

Email
« on: December 11, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

I am working on a 1/4 scale mkix Spit and have decided to do JEJjr I am sure I have a picture of it somewhere but I cant for the life of me find it. I am also interested in the rudder type. The elevator is the later type I am sure. I have being looking at survivors and the later rudder type is apparent on many spits serialled MH448 and onwards (to include mk329?). I can change the rudder now before i get too far ahead. it will make a nicer flying plane though so i can hope.
 Thanks
 Paul
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:14:55 PM by dragoonpvw » Logged
NateW

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »

Looks great,

What were you looking for in a rudder? If you give me a few days I could draw up almost anything you want. I have several factory drawings, of various rudders. I've been doing all my drawings in model cad, which is design cad in a different wrapper. Who's kit, by the way?

Nate
dragoonpvw

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:19:58 AM »

Thanks Nate but I have the rudders designed. I need to find which rudder MK329 was fitted with. If there is no definitive picture I will go with the broad cord pointed tip as it makes ground control a little easier.
 If anyone has a picture of JEJjr then that will help for my documentation too.
 It is a Clark Industries kit. We are building 2 at the moment.
 Thanks
 Paul
SMF144

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

Paul,

If all else fails, what makes you think Jr had a pointed rudder?

Stephen M. Fochuk
Antoni

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »

I don't think there is a photogrpah showing the whole of the aircraft. This is about the best there is I think.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ISL/Water%20Mark%20Decals/48001-48010/48003/WM48003.htm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length