?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MPM Spitfire XI  (Read 5532 times)
Hamden

« on: December 20, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »

Hi

Thought you might like to see my RNoAF Spitfire XI made from the MPM kit with markings from Vingtor and spares box.

Comments welcome, good or bad

Seasons best wishes

Roger
vingtor

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »

Vingtor Decals, you say? I cannot recall doing these, though I possibly will in the future.

Nils
Vingtor Decals
Hamden

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »

Hi Nils

Yes the Norwegian roundels came from a Vingtor sheet I can't remember which off hand, the code letters were from the 1/48 Vampire set altered slightly to make the required code. Stencils and serial came from Modeldecal generic sheets and odds and ends in the spares box. Stencils and serials don't show in the photographs.

Seasons best wishes

Roger
vingtor

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:49:55 AM »

Yes the Norwegian roundels came from a Vingtor sheet I can't remember which off hand

I doubt that they are, because I don't recognize them, which I would if I had made them.

The white outer ring on the roundels was always 50mm in width, regardless of the roundel size. The white ring on the model is quite broader than that.

Regarding the letters, the style is not correct for the Spitfire Mk.XI. You could have used the letters from sheet no. 72-102 which are the same style as for the Spits.

It has been some dispute about the colours in the Norwegian photo Spits, whether these were PRU Blue or a darker shade. There is no conclusion yet though.

Nils
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:53:21 AM by vingtor » Logged
Editor
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »

Must be a Chinese copy, Nils...  Cool
Damiaes

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »

Hi......beautifull model.
Pages: [1]
  Print