?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question in refernece to the Victory decals for Tamiya's Mk lXc  (Read 3100 times)
0nyour6

Email
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:08:13 AM »

This is my first time posting on the forum {Hello to all} and I have to say it is a very informative resource for anyone interested in the SpitFire. I am currently working on Tamiya's 1/32nd scale MK lXc, whic i would fully recommend to any Spit modeler. I went out and purchased the Victory decals for the Vlll and lX Spit and I am wanting to apply the decals for 309th Fighter Squadron, 31st Fighter Group, Capt.John Fawcett's plane "Lady Ellen lll". The problem I have found is the instruction sheet says the plane is a lXc.... upon further research on the net I found that his spit is a MK vlll.  Who is right and who is wrong? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.
Edgar Brooks

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:55:54 AM »

There's a photo of "Lady Ellen III," in "Aces, Pilots & Aircraft of the 9th, 12th & 15th USAAF," and it's definitely a IX (no retractable tailwheel.) W7*JJ appear to be the codes.
Edgar
Antoni

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »

Spitfire F.IXc original serial number MH894. The codes were WZ*JJ not W7. Went to 309 FS 31 FG Jan 1944. April 1945 to 326 (French) Squadron and then to france in Nov 1945.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length