?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Macchi C 200, an aircraft that did her best to be an opponent to the Spit.  (Read 3494 times)
al49

Email
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »

According to the heading of this forum, it seems to me possible to me to post some picture on an other "work-in progress"

If you are interested in more information on the aircraft you can get them from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macchi_C.200

The kit is low run multimedia kit Manufactured by Pacific Coast Models in 1:32 scale.

Main component are plastic while details are in resin and photo etched.
Once again I started with the engine that was built using main resin parts from the box plus cylinders from the Pratt & Whitney R-1830 kit manufactured by Vector Scale Resin an a lot scratchbuilding.

The engine will be later completed with exhaust pipes but let's have a look now on the cockpit that was almost completely scratch-built.

More photos to follow soon.
Cheers
Alberto

al49

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:38:05 AM »

Hello,
instruments on the dashboard have been made using the p.e. frame from the kit plus dials made with a p.c. drawing program, printed on paper and glued to the back of the frame.

Then I did the engine support with relevant cabling and accessories.

and started creating and connecting the exhaust pipes

and the engine almost complete with part of the cowling

as you can see from the above picture, engine with exhausts and cowling is an independent module that will be attached to the aeroplane after painting.
I also scratch-built flaps

Again I must wait for some good weather to start airbrushing this model as well.
Cheers
Alberto

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length