?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PR Mk X Colour  (Read 3724 times)
kaburaya

« on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:04 AM »

Good Morning
I am a new member to the site and find it to be excellent. I am currently building models of the Spitfire for a model show in September, and I am a little confused regarding the colour scheme on one mark that I am building. The mark in question is the PR Mk10. The instructions say PR Pink but I have seen in posts on modelling sites that it was PR Blue. Can anyone help me with the correct colour for this type.
Thanks in advance
Peter
magnusf

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »

I would say that it generally was PRU blue.

PR Pink was not very common but has become widespread in modelling circles mostly I think because it is spectactular!

Best regards

Magnus
Davef68

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »

PRU Pink was a low level colour, these were high level aircraft. Of the few photographs, one looks PRU Blue overall, but at least one has a demarcation and looks like the classic high level scheme of Medium Sea Grey over PRU blue.

Reports (and the Almark decalsheet) also described the aircraft as grey.
ferret_64

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »

PR pink is almost white with just a slight tinge of colour:
There are a few models and there also was a temporary paint job on PL 965 where the pink colour was way too intensive. 
magnusf

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »

I've read a descripton of PRU pink that said "white with a tiny bit of roundel red in". So yes, probably not very pinkish, rather a tinted white! My little girls do however prefer the modern interpretation where it is really pink!

Best regards

Magnus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length