?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spitfire Mk IIa 1/48 Airfix  (Read 5034 times)
Aleksander

Email
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »

Here is my Spitfire Mk IIa RFoW, P8038, from 303 Sqn. RAF, flown by Kołaczkowski and Urbanowicz. The kit is already known - Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk I/II. Code letters and serial number is painted from masks, which I've got from my friend, Radek - who is also an author of this amazing drawing (shown on the Hobbies&Arts Page of Spitfiresite), he has specially made for me. Bottom wings roundels were also painted with masks, I've got from Montex.
Here she is:

Regards!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:24:54 PM by Aleksander » Logged
Editor
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »

Aleksander,

You'ver done fantastic work with the model  Cool. May I have you r permission to immortalize it as an article at the site? Please.

Regards
/Martin
marluc

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »

Beautiful model Aleksander.I like the excellent paintjob and the dropped elevators.Great work,greetings.

Martin
Damiaes

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »

Beautifull Spitfire.
Congratulions Cheesy from Portugal
ferret_64

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »

Beautiful work! The subtle weathering really brings it to life.
Also, I like the way you present it. I guess this is a big sheet of coloured cardboard, rounded out to vertical behind the model, right? 
Aleksander

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

Sorry - I was absent for a while and did not visit the Forum.
Of course, Martin, if you be so kind... I have nothing against displaying my model as an article (I'm rather proud of it!).
Thank you very much, friends, for your kind opinions. I'm really happy to see that you like my Spitfire. I should say - it was quite easy and straightforward build.

I hope I would share my next project for a while - this time 1/48 ICM Spitfire Mk VIII flown by Lt. Cundy (RAAF)

My photo studio looks very simple but it works - there it is (you are right, ferret_64  Smiley)!

Regards from Poland!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length