?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 2 spitfires  (Read 2295 times)
dvas

Email
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

Hello to you all
Im looking for infos about 2 spitfires
the first one was flown by Frank Zavakos (No71 Eagle Squadron) when he was MIA in 1942. It had the serial BM249 but im looking for the side letter XR - ?. If anyone knows something or have a photo please share it.
The second spitfire was flown by Nicholas Sintetos (No121 Eagle Squadron) . I dont have anything, neither serial or side letters, but it was called "Ashtabula I" from his native city.

Thanks in advance
Dimitris Vassilopoulos
Edgar Brooks

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »

I only had time to look for one of your men, and trust me to pick a big one.  Working out which Spitfire was Sintetos's "Ashtabula 1" could prove a mite difficult.  He first seems to appear in June, 1942, and flew BL597, BL986, AA880, P8589, AD199, BM401, AD388, BM578, BM401, AB908, AD470, EN918 (and no code letters for any of them.)  Of those, he appears to have flown BM578 & AD388 the most, but it's a toss-up which might have been "his."  He also seems to disappear, around September, but I couldn't find out if he waskilled/wounded, or transferred.  Not much help, sorry.
Edgar
dvas

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »

Edgar thanks for your help
im trying to write a bio of him for an article and every info is crucial. How we prove that these serials were flown by him?
Becouse everything that will be written must have the original bibliography or researcher like your name in the sources.
I suppose that you dont have any picture of the above planes.

Thanks again and looking forward for your answer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length