?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spitfire recovered at Caen, France.  (Read 3201 times)
Dagwood

« on: November 06, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »

It was briefly reported on our regional TV channel (Normandy News) yesterday evening, that aviation enthusiasts has successfully recovered a Spitfire from the mud at the bottom of a canal at Caen and I understand it was quite close to the Ferry Terminal. I was hoping for more information today but unfortunately it was not repeated.
The TV footage showed the engine and most of the forward fuselage and what appeared to be a wing but not in the right position.
Props (3 bladed) were all broken a couple of feet from the boss (wheels up landing?).
I wish I could be be more specific but I cannot, and I just thought I would like to break this news to anyone who is interested.
Perhaps the restoration enthusiasts may have contacts with this side of the channel and can find out more.
Spits

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »

more news here...
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=104670
and here...
http://culture.france3.fr/
Will be a lot of interest in this one..A well kept secret..
Dagwood

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »

d) Revenge ftw. You can expect wow power leveling to do about 345 unmodified threat with Revenge, including damage, against the mob in the example above, which is exceptional for the low rage cost, even throwing in 10 for a shield wow power leveling block. However, there is a rage cost of shield block, in that you will block more attacks, so take less damage, so gain less rage from damage. Two blocks for 180 damage and you can say wow power leveling goodbye to another 4 rage.
e) Demo Shout ftl. Demoralising shout does one sixth the threat of a sunder. Even spammed in defensive stance with world of warcraft gold defiance, you're doing no more threat than 42dps on each mob. Besides picking up whelps in best wow gold Onyxia and tanking panthers in the Panther boss encounter in ZG, i can't see a compelling reason to use this.
f) Shield Slam ftl. Given the cheapest wow gold 6 second cooldown, there is no improvement in threat per second by using ff14 gil shield slam. With shield slam: 3 sunders and 1 shield slam every 6 seconds. About 212 threat per second, unmodified. With the 30 rage from the shield slam you can cast 1 sunder and about 1.2 heroic final fantasy gil strikes, assuming you have the talents (which you would with any shield slam build), and are losing 3 rage per buy gil Heroic Strike from lost white damage rage (i.e. assuming 90 modified damage per hit). The 4 sunders and 1.2 heroic strikes every 6 seconds gives about 215 threat per second.
The only improvement is if final fantasy leveling you are spamming both sunder and HS, and want even more threat.

Huh Pardon  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length