?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spitfire 2  (Read 4846 times)
Canberra Man

Email
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »

Hi.
We had a Spitfire 2 in very poor condition at the Dumfries Aviation Museum, it has now gone to Carlisle for a full refurbish and is expected back later on this year.  I won't be back till March, at 80 I feel the cold more.

Ken
Spits

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »

oh well at least you wouldn,t be swimming like we are in Auss...Heard it is in good hands so take it easy Smiley Hope to hear updates..
Cheers
ken moody

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »

this is all very new to me but I wanted to comment on a programme I watched called "monster moves". an American had bought a Spitfire and was shipping it to the States.the guys who where stripping it down obviously new what they were doing but it came into my mind because I am reading the "Battle of Britain" by James Holland that if the lads in 1940 had been so careful we would have lost the war before it got cracking. according to Wikkipedia we were making and repairing about 800 and something fighters, not counting the other stuff per month. I can recomend the book its brilliant, when you can check both sides of the event it is conpulsive reading.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length