?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPITFIRE episode of MONSTER MOVES (History Channel 15th March 9pm - every Tues)  (Read 5734 times)
MONSTERMOVES

Email
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:03:23 PM »

The popular engineering series MONSTER MOVES follows structural movers all over the World as they attempt jack up and roll out whole mansions, barns, lighthouses and churches,  from one location to another.  For the new series, we're featuring a variety of aircraft and ships.  How could you make a show about amazing aircraft and not feature the iconic SPITFIRE

Our cameras were given exclusive access to follow the Aircraft Restoration Company, based out of Duxford, as they take apart an airworthy Spitfire Mk IX and relocate it to Maryland, USA, where the owner lives......watch for the history, engineering and drama of moving a Spitfire across 4000 miles of land, sea and air.....

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/monster-moves/videos/monster-moves-spectacular-spitfire.html

History Channel From 15th March 9pm.  Every Tuesday

Coming Soon to Channel 5
Slammer

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:22:51 AM »

Hello. I watched Monster Mobes about the Spitfire sent from the UK to the USA and enjoyed the show very much. I would like to know the name of the song about the Spitfire that was used as background music in the sound track.
Thank you.
Best regards, Brian Simpson.
JamesF

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »

Saw the episode on TV here in Aus, was good!  Agree with Brian, the song was fun (if a teeenie bit cheesy!!). Grin 

Apparently some MkXIV's were shipped to India at wars end, the Sqn being commanded by Ginger Lacey.  When the techo's there assembled XIV's, they could not get the wingspar bolts to fit.  (These bolts were shown nicely in the TV show).  So they took to them with emery paper until the would fit.  However, they are supposed to be frozen in a cooler, to get them to fit, as they are supposed to be a very tight fit....  The emery papered bolts started allowing a tiny ammount of movement, this led to tiny fatigue cracks, until one of the XIV's wings came off in flight.......Not good. Shocked
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:47:05 PM by JamesF » Logged
jack hoffman

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:08 AM »

I also watched the program and i would also love to find out the name and site or store were i can buy the song as it was a beautiful piece of music and i wish to know more

regards Jack Hoffman
MONSTERMOVES

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »

Hello,

Just a quick note to tell you that Channel 5 have finally settled on a date for screening MONSTER MOVES : SPITFIRE.  It will be shown on Tuesday 12th July at 8pm

Please pass the word round to anyone who may be interested..... 

Many thanks

Lee
MONSTERMOVES

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »

also i believe you should be able to get them on iTunes very soon.  more music is available through itunes searching Monster Moves or by the composers name; Daniel Pemberton.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length