?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Johnson's last mount  (Read 4681 times)
NeilWB

Email
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:03:11 PM »

I thought that I should introduce myself, I am new to aircraft modeling - in fact my only interest really is Spitfires. I am planning to build a large number of Spitfire models, with the first being Johnny Johnson's last mount. A bubble canopy F. XIV f I understand correctly. Is this aircraft MV268 at the IWM? If so is there anything specific I should be aware of when building the model?

Many thanks in advance.

Neil
Antoni

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »

No. After he was promoted to OC 125 Wing he flew at least two Spitfire Mk XIVs, MV268 and his last known personal Spitfire MV257. MV257 had been previously used on operations by W/C George Keefer.

NeilWB

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »

No. After he was promoted to OC 125 Wing he flew at least two Spitfire Mk XIVs, MV268 and his last known personal Spitfire MV257. MV257 had been previously used on operations by W/C George Keefer.
Antoni,

Many thanks for the information. I just noticed that the aircraft in the photographs (I assume that this is MV257) has the JE*J just forward of the windscreen - how interesting. I don't suppose that you have higher resolution images?
Would you know whether the spinner is red or black?

Very many thanks.

Neil
Antoni

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »

The spinner was black. Small letters for their initials seems to have been favoured by senior officiers in 2nd TAF.

I don't know if these will be any better.

NeilWB

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »

The spinner was black. Small letters for their initials seems to have been favoured by senior officiers in 2nd TAF.

I don't know if these will be any better.

Antoni,

Many thanks.

Regards.

Neil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length