?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burmese Spitfires  (Read 3370 times)
Spit9e

Email
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »

Hi All,

I've been trying to research the 30 ex-Israeli Spitfire Mk XI's rebuilt by Bedek for the Burmese Air Force, and I still have some problems. First, I've noted that the aircraft were repainted in a totally different camo pattern and that  it varies from a/c to a/c and there are too few photos. Also, what models I've seen built lack the black UB### under the left wing, and national markings are on the upper wing surfaces. There seems to be a deflector shield between rockets and wheel well and radiators Last, they also omit the rocket launchers, not fitted to wartime Spits, that are of a type possibly used on late Mark a/c and a similar type that look to be like the ones on Greek Spit XVIs. Have several published books, articles, and photos online, but they don't really help that much.
   Does any have or know someone that has photos/drawings of these rocket mounts and their location layouts? They're wanted for a model project and a rendering I'd like to do of a flight of 3 on a ferry flight from Israel to Burma. Thanks in Advance

Spit9e
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length