?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for information...  (Read 2713 times)
BlackSheepTwoOneFour

Email
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:28:55 AM »

I am planning on purchasing a 1/48th scale Spitfire IXc from Hasegawa. With that being said, I have an interest in building it of the 412th Canadian RAF with full D-Day stripes. The only decal set I can find is one flown by F/O H.G. Garwood VZ-S (MJ255) that crashed landed in France due to engine failure.  My question is are there other well-known Spitfire pilots from the 412th Sqn with full D-Day Invasion stripes I can build from? I've searched everywhere on the net to no avail. Thanks in advance for your help.
BlackSheepTwoOneFour

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »

My apologies for not introducing myself. My name is Tom and I live in Central New York. I am a 48 yr old father of 1 and am happily married for 19 years. I have just came back from the hobby after 20 plus years being away. I've been doing model kits since I was 7 yrs old - mainly cars. Later in life I moved onto aircraft - both modern and WWII aircraft. My first two kit completed since my return to the hobby was a 1/72nd F4U - 1A Corsair and a 1/48nd P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback. Having realized the Thunderbolt was a fun kit to do, I went out and bought 2 more - Razorback and a Bubbletop. Also on deck, I have a Bf109 G-6 I plan on building as described from the book "A Higher Call"

A little side tidbit - several years ago, I dabbled in geneology and found a distant relative whoi was looking for a William Sinclair Rycraft. In short, I blew open the floodgates of more of the family tree history of them settling in the states. Sadly he passed away in 2011 or 2012.

I hope to make friends here and learn more about Spitfires since I do plan on getting another or two in the future.
Edgar Brooks

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »

I don't know about well-known, but, in "Spitfire the Canadians," there are Wilfred Banks D.F.C., in MJ485 VZ-N, and F/Lt. Philips in MK327 VZ-V.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length