?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ready-made models  (Read 4912 times)
MagnificantFlyingMachine

« on: September 16, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »

Hello everyone,

Doing a bit of research on this and other sites I have found out that there are excellent models of our beloved Spitfire available. Unfortunately, I am not much of a modeller and just the thought of assembling something like the Tamyia version fills me with horror. Therefore, my question is whether there are really good, detailed ready-made models out there. In principle I don't care whether it would be made from resin/plastic or diecast.

Any hints and tips will be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Peter
JamesF

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:43:58 AM »

No names come to mind, except Corgi, who make a very nice range.  There are some 1.32 scale even, with electric motors to swing the prop!  If you buy a nice desk pen set or a mantle piece clock, mount the model on that you can end up with a very nice display piece I think.  Another maker is 21St Century Toys, very good large 1/24th scale I think, pre-painted kits normally screw together but not sure if they do a Spitfire?

A internet search will easily source a selection of die cast models.  Hannants in the UK should have a good selection.
gregers

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »

Hi There.
Sorry about the late reply. Out of all the die-cast Spits available the best for the money are the ones by Hobbymaster in 1/48th scale.
Here's the link to the UK suppliers. http://www.diecastmilitarymodels.co.uk

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Greg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length