?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spitfire Mk XVIe in 24th scale (a continuing saga)  (Read 4238 times)
JCote

« on: December 21, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »

This is a project I've been working on sporadically for over 2 years now, using Paul Monforton's plans and book.  I normally post on LSP (Large Scale Planes), but I've been wanting to contribute something to this site for some time now, so here's a couple of snaps of a test assembly of the port U/C leg in brass.  This will not be used in the final model.  The scissor links are only tacked in place - they stil have to be drilled, milled and filed - and the oleo is temporarily in aluminium (I'll use steel for the final item).  I still have a number of things to do, at some point I'll post a blow-by-blow on LSP.
Congratulations to the moderator for a great site.
Merry Christmas to all,

Jean Cote

admin
Administrator

Martin W

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »

Jean,

Absolutely, positively wonderful! I guess that Monforton's drawings come very handy for this project.
Considering your statement "I still have a number things to do", how much have you progressed with the model? It would be great to see some more.

Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum
/Martin
JCote

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

Hello Martin, and thanks.  When I stated I had a few things left to do, I meant on the undercarriage, as I'd like it to be attached as per the prototype, i.e.with a pintle bolted to the mainspar.  I think I've figured out how to do it, it's now a matter of doing the machining and producing tons of rejects before achieving a satisfactory result.  As for the model as a whole, God only knows when it will be finished.  Since this build is something of a shaggy dog story, I promise only to post here when there's something substantial to report.
Again, Merry Christmas to you, to  Spitfire Forums members and all your families.
Jean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length