The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Urgent Support Required to Keep ML407 Flying  (Read 4414 times)

« on: June 25, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »

As many of you may be aware, since Bentwaters closed in 1993, there has been a small aircraft presence on the base. Most of the infrastructure is still in place, including 6000 feet of runway in excellent condition.

Carolyn Grace keeps her Spitfire there, and also a Yak, 2 Pitts Specials, a Tempest V and 3 others.

Unfortunately there is a small but active campaign group who appear to have prevented the airfield being used for commercial flying. Carolyn has planning permission to fly the Spitfire, but has applied for permission to fly other types, and to attract income to support the operation of ML 407. http://www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/yourdistrict/planning/devcontrol/applications/bentwaters

The campaign group is hoping to drum up support to have the planning permission refused. http://www.bentwaterscampaigngroup.org/

You will note there is a link direct to the local Planning Department.

Please use this link to write in support of Carolyn and her application. There is also the possibility of the occasional airshow being staged, but only if the Application succeeds.

Many of you will know the history of ML 407 and the efforts Carolyn made to keep this a/c flying. There is now a real risk that this aircraft will cease flying altogether if it loses its current base.

Please help, and spread the word. The more e-mails and letters of support we get, the better our chances.

The official is:

Mr B Woolnough, Case Officer, SCDC, Melton Hill, Woodbridge IP12 1AU, (quoting Ref. No. C10/3239)

It doesn't have to be long or detailed, just polite and supportive.

I've already sent mine: I have sat on a boat on the river at Woodbridge and watched ML407 in her natural environment.  Please add your voice.

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length