?

The Spitfire Site

A Tribute to Britains Finest Fighter

» Forums Home  |  » The Spitfire Site

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pink Spitfire  (Read 18759 times)
jenshb

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »

Thanks for your interest Martin.  The bands under the wings seem to be overpainted rather than faded Wink.  The dropped elevators are from Griffon Model.  I tried using the stabs from the resin, but they weren't symmetrical, so I modified the Hasegawa kit parts - this also meant I could use normal plastic cement and make small adjustments while the glue dried.  Getting Ultracast control surfaces will be a good idea if they also include correct ailerons.  The Hasegawa kit is straight on the lower surface, but it should actually be kinked at the outer hinge. ICM got this right.

Jens
jenshb

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 01:06:16 AM »

The celebration whisky is getting nearer...  Have saved a dop of Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist for the occasion.  Only small parts to go now...like these...

as well as touch up here and there. Other than that, I think it's practically done unless anyone has any comments for things that are out of place or can be done better.  I'm all ears...

Jens
jenshb

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »

Got some comments on the gyro sight vs reflector sight did not go unnoticed, so after a brief discussion I was convinced that this aircraft would probably carry the reflector sight instead, and I decided to see what I could do with the Hasegawa reflector sight. Removed the glass, added a lens from 5 minute epoxy, four supports from 0.13 mm plastic strip (glued with superglue) and glass from Squadron Clear Thermaform - glued with Johnson's Klear. 

A few hours of assembly, and the model's done.  Thought it might be interesting to compare the original with the model to see what I missed, so here goes:

Thanks for answering my questions earlier - it's not perfect, but it's closer than it would have been otherwise...

Jens
JCote

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »

Stunning result, the modification was obviously worth the effort.  A Beauty!!!

Best, Jean
marluc

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »

Wonderful model Jens!!! Congratulations,you´ve made an excellent work.Great job with the reflector gunsight (and with the other sight too)
Thanks for sharing the process,best regards:

Martin
jenshb

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »

Thank you Jean and Martin - if the model inspires you to have a go at chopping up the Hasegawa kit, then I can give something back to the community for the help in research.

Jens
Damiaes

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »

oooooooooohhhhhhh.......beautiful Spit.
Great Work.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length